YouTube Shorts is a relatively new feature on the popular video sharing platform that allows users to create and upload short-form videos of up to 60 seconds in length. This feature has gained immense popularity and has given rise to a new wave of content creation on the platform. In this article, we will discuss how to upload shorts on YouTube and share some tips to help you create engaging shorts that will capture the attention of your audience.
Step-by-Step Guide to Upload Shorts on YouTube
Step 1: Open the YouTube app on your mobile device and log in to your account.
Step 2: Tap on the “+” icon at the bottom of the screen.
Step 3: Select “Create a Short.” You can also create a short by swiping up from the bottom of the screen on the YouTube app.
Step 4: Record a short video by holding down the record button. You can record up to 60 seconds of footage.
Step 5: Add music or audio to your video by selecting a track from the library. You can choose from a variety of popular songs and sounds, or you can use your original audio.
Step 6: Add text, filters, and other effects to your video if desired. YouTube offers a range of creative tools to help you enhance your shorts and make them more engaging.
Step 7: Once you are satisfied with your video, tap on the checkmark icon to publish it. You can also add a title, description, and hashtags to your video before publishing it.
Step 8: Your short video will be published to your YouTube channel and may also be featured on the Shorts shelf, which is a dedicated section for short videos on YouTube.
Tips for Creating Engaging Shorts on YouTube
- Keep it short and sweet: As the name suggests, YouTube Shorts are short-form videos, so keep your content concise and to the point. Try to capture your audience’s attention within the first few seconds of the video.
- Use vertical orientation: YouTube Shorts are designed to be viewed in portrait mode, so make sure you shoot your videos in a vertical orientation.
- Use captions: Most users watch videos on their mobile devices with the sound turned off, so consider adding captions to your shorts to make them more accessible and engaging.
- Be creative: YouTube Shorts offer a range of creative tools, so use them to your advantage. Experiment with different effects, filters, and transitions to make your shorts stand out.
- Be consistent: To build an audience on YouTube Shorts, you need to be consistent with your uploads. Try to upload shorts regularly, so your viewers know when to expect new content from you.
In conclusion, uploading shorts on YouTube is a straightforward process, and with the right tools and techniques, you can create engaging content that will capture the attention of your audience. Remember to keep your content short, use creative tools, and be consistent with your uploads to build a following on the platform.